Friday, March 16, 2012

My apologies

I am sorry that I have not posted in awhile. Unfortunately life got in the way. We have been very busy the past couple of weeks and I just haven't found the time to blog. I don't know if I will be able to keep this up, and since the weeks all resemble each other now as far as Pharmacy goes, it got kind of boring. However, Marie writes a great blog, http://marieeliz.blogspot.com/, and I am usually in it. So if you wanna know what is going on in my life check out her blog. As far as for me, I have worked, studied and seen old friends this past spring break. I got to relax a little, as much as one can with four tests looming over you, and spend quality time with my gorgeous wife.

 I did have a nice run in with a crazy lady who was selling Adderall. She brought in a script for 90 Adderall on March 7th, then another for 90, different doctor, on March 15th. I called and asked her about it and she told me that she had lost her original prescription, gone to a different doctor because her doctor was out of town, and told him the story and he was aware of the situation. No that smells like bullshit, but weird things do happen, so I told her, no problem, I just need to call and verify with the new doctor that it is okay to release this and then we can have it ready in 10 minutes. To which she quickly replies, "Oh no, don't call him, I will come pick up the prescription." Up goes the red flag. I told her no problem and hung up. I quickly called her new doctor, and my pharmacist called the old doctor. Found out she was lying, cancelled the script, found out she was using multiple pharmacies as well, and called and told her not to bother coming to pick up the script as it was cancelled and she would need to see the doctor for a new one. The first time I talked to her she was still nice and just said okay. Then she called back saying she wanted the script, I said no, she started yelling and I told her I could have the cops waiting for her if she wanted to come pick it up. That shut her up real quick. She then called back a third time and my pharmacist reexplained the situation of it no longer being a valid script. When she hung up she said, "I think we may have just lost a customer." We both laughed heartily at that. Good riddance! Moral of the story, if you smell bullshit, it probably is bullshit.

So for all my pre-pharm and pharmD people without retail experience, be sure and cover your ass by always confirming with the doctor. And letting a criminal know you can have the police waiting for them is always a good way to get them to admit defeat and leave you alone.

Have a great weekend y'all! I will see you at the tail end of a 4 tests, kick my ass, week. Signing off from another crazy week in the PharmD life!

No comments:

Post a Comment