Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pathology, Pluckers, Peter Pan, and Pharmaceutics

Nice! They all start with P! I guess I kinda cheated on the pharmaceutics one, since we usually call it ceutics, but whatever. So last week I took my worst test, not supposed to be the hardest, but the questions sucked so bad that it ended up being so. The average for the multiple choice is a 64! Gotta love those kind of tests. Obviously it isn't that everyone blew off studying, the test was poor! But they haven't graded the short answer part, so the average may go up. Doubtful, last year's average was a 69 after both. A lot of the P2s were excited, because it'll show the professors that it wasn't that they didn't study hard enough. Anyways, so I literally felt like I had been mentally raped after that test. I was very depressed and came home to find solace in an amber bottle. Marie comforted me and then I went to bed. No more studying, my mind was gone. Turns out everyone felt that way and a streak of depression ran through the school. Thanks for starting the week off right Patho! Jerk.

So the next day, after class, I decided to take a break from school. 5 tests in 7 days is pretty shitty, I needed a break and I really wanted to hang out with the wife. Not to mention the fact that it was SOOO nice outside. Perfect weather! So we went to play putt-putt at Peter Pan's on Barton Springs. It is an Austiny thing to do, and it's BYOB! So we stopped and got a 24 of Natty and a four pack of plastic chardonnay wine bottles, no glass allowed. We putted, I won't say who won, me, and we drank and we were merry! So after that we headed to Town Lake to walk around and enjoy the fine ass weather. It was gorgeous. Hungry from all the days excitement we went to Pluckers. The food there is pretty tasty and they had a drink special on Tuesdays, 34 oz Ziegenbach or Lonestar for $4! Needless to say I had two. Well Marie had a couple sips of hers, and then I finished it.

Marie is using her hand as reference.


After the beers we went home and attempted to watch the Wedding Singer. Instead we went to bed half way through. A very nice night to say the least, and much needed for both of us.

The next night was back to studying and then Thursday I took my last of the tests, very easy. I was so excited that it was over! I went home and had dinner with Marie, a couple beers, and we went to be early! I love getting to sleep! Friday I helped out at the PharmD candidate interviews. It's so much fun getting to answer their questions and trying to make them feel less nervous about their situation. This time a girl came running up to me, panicked and out of breath, and asked if I knew where the interviews were. I told her to calm down, she was definitely overwhelmed and about to cry, and asked when her interview was. "430" I checked my phone, 433. Yikes! So I told her not to worry I am sure they had a back up plan for this kind of stuff. She started panicking again, and pulled out a rescue inhaler. She was giving herself an asthma attack from freaking out. I got her to the fifth floor and the coordinator said it was no problem, she just got switched times with someone else. So I think that calmed her down. I think letting your interviewer know you were so dedicated to getting to your interview that you almost died would be a good thing. Hopefully she brings up the asthma attack during the interview. After that, I went with the wife to an APhA fundraiser/social were we I sang some karaoke. There was a pretty good amount of people who sang once they heard how bad I was and didn't want me to sing anymore. It was a lot of fun, I did Rollout by my boy Ludacris, and some Asians did a good version of the Backstreets Boys. Turned out to be another fun and not study filled night. I think I am gonna have to jump back on the study train soon, as in tonight. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

I am off to work! It was another crazy, but actually fun filled, week in the PharmD life. May the force be with you dear readers!















No comments:

Post a Comment