Saturday, February 11, 2012

Go time

I have been fairly lazy the past few weeks about school work. I have been studying but I have also been taking a lot of nights off. The death march is about to begin. I have four tests next week and two the week after. However, I am still not too worried. I don't know if it is the professors or the material, but it doesn't seem too difficult. I have been having slight panic attacks when I am away from my notes and I think about all the tests coming up, but then when I actually sit down with the material I don't feel too nervous about it. Hopefully this doesn't turn around and rape me. So the good news is that I have been able to spend some quality time with the wife. Probably the last bit of quality time that I will get with her until the summer.

Other than the tests coming up, pharmacy school has been pretty laid back. I did crank out a whole bunch of papers at the beginning of the semester, one of which was due last week, and I think this has made me a little more relaxed. I finished them way early and didn't have to pull an all nighter on Wednesday to finish it. I was planning on listening to all of my lectures again online, but I got too behind the first couple of weeks,(Mario Party) and I am unable to catch up. Hopefully that doesn't bite me in the ass either. I plan on being more studious and watching all the lectures as soon as this round of tests is over, but then again we make lots of good plans in pharmacy school that don't always work out.

Yesterday was the start of interviews for PharmD candidates! I volunteered to be there from 1-230 and ended up staying until 5. It was a lot of fun helping out the wee little babies! I can barely remember my interview, it was a blur of nervousness and regret, so it was fun watching them and wondering what I looked like to the students who were there for me. I had a good time sharing my experiences with them and giving them advice, even though they haven't even been accepted yet. I think the scariest thing about my interview and then acceptance, was all the not knowing. Of course as humans we are scared of the unknown and this was my entire future on the line. So I tried to tell them as much as I could and illuminate the darkness a little bit. Plus I want them to get accepted and remember me, and I will forget them and then that'll make me the most popular boy in school!!!!!! UMMMM... or not. That was a joke I swear!

On Tuesday Marie and I went to The Melting Pot and fondued the night away. It was an early Valentine's, because my first test of the semester is on V-day, thanks professor McGinity. It was amazing as always and I know Marie had an excellent time. Then the next night we went to a place called Painting With a Twist and we split a canvas and each painted a half of it. It actually turned out quite well, plus we got to drink some wine and hang out with Marie's friend and her boyfriend, who teaches there. Oh and get this, our art teachers last name was Hogan! That's the second Hogan we have encountered since moving here. The person who lived here before us was last name Hogan. It confused the Time Warner people pretty bad. Small world I guess.

Please ignore the stupid look on my face. We painted half and half, I think it came out really good!


I started this in the morning and am just now finishing it up. I therefore had a chance to go to work and become dumbfounded by the stupidity of people. In interest of saving time I will only bring up one instance, but it is something that happens often and is 100% preventable. A lady walks up to the pick-up counter. I say, "Hello, how may I help you?" Dumb lady, "Ummm.... yes... I am picking up my prescription." People say this all the time, not "I am picking up for..." or "My name is so and so and I am picking up." They tell me they're picking up their script, obviously, and then wait. For me to guess, or learn telepathy, I don't know what is passing through their minds. I cannot read minds! I see over a hundred people a day. Tell me your damn name!!!! Shit! So I sat there, because it pisses me off and I wanted to make her feel stupid, and she never offered her name. After about 45 seconds of my staring daggers at her, I finally asked her name. She didn't even sound embarrassed or was like "Oh, duh, you need my name." Nope, just gave me her name and continued to stare at the sign log. If I wouldn't have given in and asked I bet we'd still be there now. My trying to kill her with my mind, and her with nothing on her mind. Please tell the tech or pharmacist your name when you pick up scripts. Common sense eludes most people. Okay, that's all the biotching I'll do today.


I hope your week has been as fun filled as mine, I am sure next weekend I will be nice and depressed again, as pharmacy school wants me to be, but until then I am going to enjoy my time studying and hopefully get some shit done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment